Aerial Lift Operator
Course Length: 1 hour
- Participants will learn acceptable industry standards for working with scissor lifts and boom lift platforms. The course focuses on the OSHA requirements for the safe operation of these vehicle-mounted platforms as well as on the effective use personal fall protection devices.
- Narrated e-learning modules
Successful Course Completion:
- Requires successful completion of knowledge assessment.
- Case studies
- Dynamics and physical forces associated with falls
- General hazards associated with aerial lift platforms
- Operating and emergency controls
- Safe operating procedures
- Personal protective devices
- Overhead obstructions
- Tires and wheels
- Placards, warnings, control markings and operating manual
- Battery, hydraulic, and coolant fluid level
- Battery recharging
- Equipment inspection
- Participants shall take part in hands-on demonstrations on the operation of the aerial lift. They are required to demonstrate their safe operation proficiency through means of maneuvering the lift controls and operating the vehicle. Their immediate supervisor or a 3rd party professional is required to complete and submit a practical assessment form to M&A Safety Services as evidence.
Post Training Evaluation:
- The employer shall ensure that each employee is evaluated to confirm that he/she understands the information provided in the training.
Reference Material / Documents:
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.68
OSHA 29 CFR 1926.453
- Course ID #: E150