Gas Detector Training
Course Length: 0.5 hours
- This course is designed to provide the knowledge and practical skills necessary for participants to become proficient in the proper use of gas detection instrumentation when conducting gas testing in hazardous areas.
- It is intended to outline the role of a Gas Tester in preventing workplace accidents related to the presence of hazardous gases.
- Participants should include personnel involved in the detection of hazardous gases prior to entry into a confined space or that work around hazardous areas where toxic and/or flammable gases may be present.
- Narrated e-learning modules
Successful Course Completion:
- Requires successful completion of knowledge assessment.
- Introduction to Gas Detection
- Gas Detection Legislative Review
- Chemical and Physical properties of Chemicals and Gas Laws
- Gas Detectors - Instrument Types & Selection Criteria
- Gas Detectors - Principles of Operation, Major Components, and Performance Characteristics
- Gas Testing Strategies
Post Training Evaluation:
- The employer shall ensure that each employee is evaluated to confirm that he/she understands the information provided in the training.
Reference Material / Documents:
Various industry standards, techniques and best practices.
M&A Safety Services training conforms to OSHA CBT Training standards and ANSI Z490.1. Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training. M&A Safety Services LLC. follows all ANSI training criteria.
M&A Safety Services Copyright© 2019 All rights Reserved
- Course ID #: E058