SEMS II Awareness
Prerequisites: This course shall have no formal pre-requisite.
Course Length: 1 hour – Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks.
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be thirty–five (35) in the classroom session.
- Provide delegates with the training and knowledge to work within the structure and requirements of an operator’s SEMS plan.
- Provide delegates with an understanding of possible differences between operator SEMS plans.
- Provide delegates with information regarding the expectations that SEMS places on employees such as participating in JSA processes, being prepared to cooperate and answer questions in the event of an audit, and receiving additional training as required.
- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids
Successful Course Completion
- Requires a minimum score of 75% or better, if applicable
- Grades shall be calculated by dividing the number of questions answered correctly by the total number of exam questions.
- Delegates will have no more than thirty (30) minutes to complete the exam.
Course Content Summary
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 Hour (if applicable)
What is SEMS II
- Why was it created
- API RP 75
- Mandatory SEMS and SEMS II provisions
- General – Operator Requirements
- Safety and Environmental Information
- Hazards Analysis
- Management of Change
- Operating Procedures
- Safe Work Practices
- Mechanical Integrity
- Pre-Startup Review
- Emergency Response and Control
- Investigation of Incidents
- Auditing Requirements
- Record Keeping
- Stop Work Authority
- Ultimate Work Authority
- Employee Participation Plan
- Reporting Unsafe Working Conditions
How does SEMS affect the Employee?
- Employee requirements and responsibilities
Training Center Provided Material
- Course Materials
- Course ID #: MA082