T2 / PSST (API-U Refresher)
Prerequisites: Delegate must possess the following prerequisites to qualify for a refresher:
- 6 years offshore oilfield experience
- Successful completion of two (2) instructor led PSST (T2) courses.
- Possess a current, valid PSST (T2) certification.
Course Length: 8 hours – Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks and meals.
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be twenty (20) in the classroom session and twenty (20) in the practical session.
- Production Safety Systems Training (PSST) trains delegates in the requirements of 30 CFR Part 250, Oil and Gas and Sulphur Operations in the United States Outer Continental Shelf (OCS), Subpart O and ensure personnel engaged in Production Safety Operations understand and can properly perform their assigned job duties in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Utilize the regulations and requirements of 30 CFR 250, 30 CFR 254 and API RP 14C (as they apply to the essentials of PSST Course and the offshore work environment).
- Provide knowledge of Emergency Shutdown Systems, Emergency Support Systems, general Production Equipment Operations and Production Safety Systems.
- Verification of knowledge through assessments that demonstrate competency in subject areas and material content taught in course utilizing practical training and evaluation that demonstrates operating skills with the working models and safety system components.
- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids
- Practical Simulations
Successful Course Completion
- Assess in all modules, including hands-on, and are required to successfully complete 85% or greater.
- Complete instructor led training in the modules scored less than 85%.
- Reassess in the modules scored less than 85% after completion of instructor led training.
- Grades shall be calculated by dividing the number of questions answered correctly by the total number of exam questions. .
- Successful completion of practical session is mandatory.
Course Content Summary
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 hour
|1||Device Identifications and Abbreviations||20-40 Minutes|
|2||Process Variables and Undesirable Events||30-45 Minutes|
|3||Emergency Support Systems (ESS)||30-45 Minutes|
|4||Regulations, Laws and Safe Practices||30-50 Minutes|
|5||Pressure Settings and Test Tolerances||30-50 Minutes|
|6||Testing Frequencies, Leakage Allowances and Recordkeeping||20-40 Minutes|
|7||SAT, SAC and SAFE||30-45 Minutes|
|8||Safety Device Identification Schematic Symbols||15-30 Minutes|
|9||Safety Sensors and Device Identification Picture||30-45 Minutes|
|10||Device Testing Procedures, Hands-On Training and Evaluation||30-40 Minutes|
|11||United States Coast Guard||30-40 Minutes|
|12||Out-of-Service, By-Passing, Flagging/Tagging Test Procedures||30-45 Minutes|
Practical Session (conducted in T2 Lab)
Practical shall verify the following competence:
- Master & PLC Control Panels, ESD
- Wellhead CP -SCSSV, SSV & SDV
- LSH & LSL
- PSH & PSL
- Burner Safety Low (BSL/TSL)
- Flow Safety Valve (FSV)
- Analyzer Safety High (ASH)
- YSH (Ionization Safety High)
- Thermal Heat Sensor (TSH)
Training Center Provided Material
- PPE (safety glasses)
30 CFR 250
30 CFR 254
API RP 14C
- Course ID #: MA099