Truck Crane with Rigging Qualification
Course Length: 1.5 hours
- This course trains delegates about types of truck cranes, boom trucks, and basic maintenance and inspections used.
- Participants will learn how to use rigging hardware, slings, signaling responsibilities, communication, and voice commands.
- Narrated e-learning modules
Successful Course Completion:
- Requires successful completion of knowledge assessment.
- Common errors that cause most crane and rigging accidents
- Safe work practices for working with and around cranes and explain why each is important
- Identify at least six different types of cranes
- Using scenarios involving cranes working near high voltage lines, give the minimum clearance between the crane and lines based on OSHA standards
- Define the regulations that must be followed, and work practices that must be used, when using cranes.
- Safe work practices related to rigging and hoisting
- What warrants the use of a signal person?
- Responsibilities of a signal person
- Describe the two methods of communicating with an operator.
- Describe two essential practices a signal person should do before signaling and the importance of each.
- With the commands for hand signals available, correctly perform at least 15 crane hand signals
Post Training Evaluation:
- The employer shall ensure that each employee is evaluated to confirm that he/she understands the information provided in the training.
Reference Material / Documents:
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.180
OSHA 29 CFR 1926.1400
M&A Safety Services training conforms to OSHA CBT Training standards and ANSI Z490.1. Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training. M&A Safety Services LLC. follows all ANSI training criteria.
M&A Safety Services Copyright© 2019 All rights Reserved
- Course ID #: E137