Drug & Alcohol Supervisor
Course Length: 2 hours
- Provide delegates the requirements of a substance abuse policy.
- The prevalence of alcohol and drug abuse and its impact on the workplace.
- How to recognize the link between poor performance and alcohol and/or drug abuse.
- The progression of the disease of addiction.
- Types of assistance available.
- The different components of the Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- Their role in implementing the Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- Supervisor Responsibilities.
- Narrated e-learning modules
Successful Course Completion:
- Requires successful completion of knowledge assessment.
About Substance Abuse
- Understanding Addiction
- Reasons for Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Impact of Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Company’s Viewpoint
- Sign and Symptoms of Substance Abuse
- Drug Abuse Statistics
- Age Comparison
- Gender Comparison
- Education Comparison
- New Hire vs. Random
- The High Cost of Substance Abuse
- Hidden Cost of Abuse
- Reasons for Drug Testing
- Reasonable Cause Drug Testing
- Common Types of Drugs and Effects
- PCP (Phencyclidine)
Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- Program Short-Term Benefits
- Program Long-Term Benefits
- Goals of Policy
- Policy Content
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- About Employee Assistance Program
- EAP Confidentiality
- Family and Co-worker Impact on Employee
- Legal Sensitive Areas
- Performance Problems/Potential Crisis Situations
- Steps to Identify Performance Problems
- Constructive Confrontation Techniques
- Actions following Constructive Confrontation
- Possible Substance Abuse Situation
- Recommended Actions
- Supervisor Do’s and Don’t
- Investigating a Potential Substance Abuse Crisis Situation
- Approaching Difficult Situations
Post Training Evaluation:
- The employer shall ensure that each employee is evaluated to confirm that he/she understands the information provided in the training.
Reference Material / Documents:
Drug Free Workplace Act 1988
Interpretation of 1904.35(b)(1)(i) and (iv) https://www.osha.gov/recordkeeping/finalrule/interp_recordkeeping_101816.html
DOT 49 CFR 382
M&A Safety Services training conforms to OSHA CBT Training standards and ANSI Z490.1. Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training. M&A Safety Services LLC. follows all ANSI training criteria.
M&A Safety Services Copyright© 2019 All rights Reserved
- Course ID #: E157