Global Harmonized System (GHS)
Prerequisites: This course shall have no formal pre-requisite.
Course Length: 1 hour – Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks.
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be thirty–five (35) in the classroom session.
- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids
Successful Course Completion
- No exam required
Course Content Summary
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 Hour (if applicable)
Globally Harmonized System
- What is GHS?
- GHS Goals
- Regulatory Agenda
- Regulatory Process
- Why is GHS needed?
- Why does the United States need GHS?
- Development of GHS
- Implementation Expectations
- GHS Requirements
- Global Benefits of Harmonization
- Impact of OSHA Requirements
- Hazard Communication Standard
- Safety Data Sheets
- Sections (16) of Safety Data Sheets
- What should be harmonized?
- Physical Hazards
- Health Hazards
- GHS Label Examples
- GHS Classification and Labeling Example
Training Center Provided Material
- Course Materials
Reference Material / Documents
Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals Document - 4th Revised
Edition (United Nations)
- Course ID #: MA033