Hexavalent Chromium Safety
Prerequisites: This course shall have no formal pre-requisite.
Course Length: 1 hour – Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks.
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be thirty-five (35) in the classroom session.
- Provide employees general safety information regarding exposure to hexavalent chromium, its health hazards, and its exposure limits.
- Provide knowledge to control hexavalent chromium exposure, medical surveillance, and training.
- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids
Successful Course Completion
- Requires a minimum score of 75% or better, if applicable
- Grades shall be calculated by dividing the number of questions answered correctly by the total number of exam questions.
- Delegates will have no more than thirty (30) minutes to complete the exam.
Course Content Summary
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 Hour (if applicable)
About Hexavalent Chromium
- Uses of Hexavalent Chromium
- Worker Exposure and Health Consequences
- Exposure Limits
- Exposure Monitoring and Determinations
- Scheduled Monitoring Option
- Regulated Areas
- Control Measures
- PPE Requirements
- Hygiene Areas and Practices
- Medical Surveillance
- Worker Training and Communication
- Recording Keeping
Training Center Provided Material
- Course Materials
Reference Material / Documents
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1026
OSHA 29 CFR 1915.1026
OSHA 29 CFR 1926.1126
- Course ID #: MA103