Prerequisites: This course shall have no formal pre-requisite.
Course Length: 3-4 hours – Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks.
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be thirty–five (35) in the classroom session.
- Delegates will be able to properly and effectively investigate incidents
- Delegates will gain the knowledge to list immediate steps to take to secure the incident area
- Delegates will determine steps to include in the initial investigation
- Delegates will demonstrate good witness interviewing techniques
- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids
Successful Course Completion
- Requires a minimum score of 75% or better.
- Delegates will have no more than thirty (30) minutes to complete the exam.
- Grades shall be calculated by dividing the number of questions answered correctly by the total number of exam questions.
Course Content Summary
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 Hour (if applicable)
- Near Miss
- Incident Investigation
- Root Cause
- Which Incidents Should Be Investigated?
- Incident Components
OSHA 1960.29 Requirements
- Prevent injuries and illnesses
- Save lives
- Save money
- Demonstrate commitment to health and safety
- Promote positive workplace morale
- Improve management
Aims of the Investigation
- What Happened?
- What was the root cause?
- How do we prevent recurrence?
The Investigation Process
- Who is involved?
- What information is collected?
- Gathering Evidence
- Fact Gathering
- Determining the root cause/Handout
- Documenting the findings
- Implementing corrective actions
Group table top exercises/Incident Investigation Exercise
- Final Analysis
Training Center Provided Material
- Course Materials
- Course ID #: MA101