Prerequisites: This course shall have no formal pre-requisite.
Course Length: 1 hour – Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks.
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be thirty-five (35) in the classroom session.
- Provide employees general safety information regarding exposure to lead, health hazards, and exposure limits.
- Provide knowledge to control lead exposure, medical surveillance, and air monitoring.
- Delegates should be able to demonstrate knowledge during written examination.
- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids
Successful Course Completion
- Requires a minimum score of 75% or better.
- Grades shall be calculated by dividing the number of questions answered correctly by the total number of exam questions.
- Delegates will have no more than thirty (30) minutes to complete the exam.
Course Content Summary
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 Hour (if applicable)
- Common Uses of Lead in Industry
- Common Causes of Lead Exposure
- Risk of Construction Exposure
- How Lead Enters the Body
- Operations Generating Dust and Fumes
- Symptoms of Lead Exposure
- Short-Term Lead Exposure
- Long-Term Lead Exposure
- Action Level
- NIOSH – Time Weighted Average (TWA)
- Permissible Exposure Level (PEL)
- OSHA – Time Weighted Average (TWA)
- Medical Surveillance
- Employee Removal from Lead Exposure
Controlling Lead Exposure
- Air Monitoring
- Worker Protection Plan
- Handling Lead Emergencies
- Employee Responsibilities
- Types of Respirators
- Air Purifying
- Supplied Air
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Atmospheric Supplied Air
- Cascade Systems
- Escape Packs
- Fit Testing
- Medical Requirements
- Respirator Usage
- Respirator Inspection
- Respirator Maintenance
- Proper Donning/Doffing
- Respirator Storage
Personal Protective Equipment
- Other PPE
- Cleaning and Disposal
Training Center Provided Material
- Course Materials
Reference Material / Documents
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1025
OSHA 29 CFR 1915.1025
OSHA 29 CFR 1926.62
- Course ID #: MA046