Prerequisites: This course shall have no formal pre-requisite.
Course Length: 1 hour - Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks.
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be thirty–five (35) in the classroom session.
- Provide delegates with the sources, hazards and effects of Methane.
- Provide delegates with warning, monitoring and detection systems for Methane.
- Provide delegates with the information needed to successfully choose and wear respirators.
- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids
Successful Course Completion
Course Content Summary
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 Hour (if applicable)
- Key Terms
- Auto Ignition
- Flammable Limits
- What is Methane?
- Flammability Range
- What are the Health and Safety Issues Related to Methane?
Effects of Methane
- Health Factors
- First Aid Measures
- Respiratory System Effects and Displacement of Oxygen
- Methods of Detection (advantages/disadvantages)
- Calorimetric Tubes
- Personal Electronic Detectors
- Fixed Detectors
- Common Effects from Respirator Use
- Breathing Air Composition
- Employee Responsibilities
- Fit Testing
- Medical Requirements
- Respirator Usage
- Respirator Inspection
- Respirator Maintenance
- Proper Donning/Doffing
- Respirator Storage
Training Center Provided Material
- Course Materials
- Course ID #: MA111