Prerequisites: This course shall have no formal pre-requisite.
Course Length: 1 hour – Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks.
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be thirty–five (35) in the classroom session.
- Provide delegates with the sources, hazards and effects of methanol.
- Provide delegates with the characteristics and properties of methanol.
- Provide delegates with warning, monitoring and detection systems for methanol.
- Provide delegates with the information needed to successfully select respirators.
- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids
Successful Course Completion
Course Content Summary
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 Hour (if applicable)
- What is Methanol
- Methanol toxicity
- Potential health effects
- Fire and Explosion
- Methanol Detection
- Types of Detectors
- Respiratory Protection
- Common Effects of Respirator Use
- Other hazards
- Medical Surveillance Program
- Employee Responsibilities
- Respirator Types
- Methanol Protection
- SDS Review
Training Center Provided Material
- Course Materials
- Course ID #: MA122