OSHA Outreach – General Industry
Prerequisites: This course shall have no formal pre-requisite.
Course Length: 12-15 hours – Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time include breaks.
Contact Hours: 10 hours – Student contact hours refer to time spent covering course content. Student contact hours do not include breaks for meals or other breaks, or time spent on administrative matters such as taking attendance or administering optional tests.
- Day 1 – 7.5 Hours
- Day 2 – 2.5 Hours
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be thirty–five (35) in the classroom session.
- Provide general industry workers with relevant information associated with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance related training.
- Emphasize hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention
- Provide 10 Instructional hours of compliance related training.
- Delegates should be able to demonstrate knowledge during written examination.
- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids
Successful Course Completion
- Requires a minimum score of 75% or better.
- Delegates will have no more than thirty (30) minutes to complete the exam each day.
- Grades shall be calculated by dividing the number of questions answered correctly by the total number of exam questions.
Course Content Summary
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 hour
Attendance (15 min)
Module 1 - Introduction to OSHA (60 min)
- Activity: Review Training Materials
- OSHA Poster
- Employers Must Provide and Pay for PPE
- Your Rights as a Whistleblower Fact Sheet
- We Are OSHA, We Can Help
- Topic 4: Workers Rights Crossword Puzzle
- OSHA 300 and OSHA 301 forms
Module 2 - Industry Policies – SEMS (30 min)
- Video (SEMS II)
Module 3 - Safety and Health Policies (30 min)
- Behavior Based Safety
Module 4 - Personal Protection Equipment (60 min)
- Video (Personal Protective Equipment)
Module 5 - Hazard Communication (60 min)
- Video (GHS Safety Data Sheets)
- Activity: Review SDS
Module 6 - Hazardous Materials (30 min)
- Flammable and Combustible Materials
- Spray Finishing
- Compressed Gases
- Dipping and Coating Operations
Module 7 - Bloodborne Pathogens (30 min)
Module 8 - Emergency Response (Basic) (60 min)
- Exit Routes
- Emergency Action Plans
- Fire Prevention Plans
- Fire Protection
Module 9 - HAZWOPER Awareness (30 min)
- Video (Handling Hazardous Waste)
Attendance (15 min)
Module 10 - Walking & Working Surfaces (60 min)
- Fall Protection
Module 11 - Materials Handling (30 min)
- Back Safety
- Video (Safe Lifting Techniques)
Module 12 - Ergonomics (30 min)
Module 13 - Electrical Safety – Basic (60 min)
- Video (Electrical Safety)
Module 14 - Lockout/Tagout (30 min)
- Video (A Life is on the Line)
- Video (LOTO Scenario 1)
- Video (LOTO Scenario 2)
- Video (LOTO Scenario 3)
- Video (LOTO Scenario 4)
Exam (60 min)
Training Center Provided Material
- Course Materials
Reference Material / Documents
- 29 CFR 1910
- 30 CFR 250 Subpart S
- 29 CFR 1910.132-133
- 29 CFR 1910.1200
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart H
- 29 CFR 1910.1030
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart E
- 29 CFR 1910.120
- 29 CFR 1910.22
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart S
- 29 CFR 1910.147
- Course ID #: MA192