Stop Work Authority
Course Length: 0.5 hours
- This course is designed to build and reinforce a culture in which SWA, and a questioning attitude are freely exercised and accepted.
- Line supervisors are encouraged to positively recognize employee and contractor participation in the program.
- Narrated e-learning modules
Successful Course Completion:
- Requires successful completion of knowledge assessment.
- This program establishes the SWA of employees and contractors. The SWA empowers employees and contractors to stop individual tasks or group operations when the control of health, safety, and environmental (HSE) risk is not clearly established or understood.
- All employees and contractors have the authority and obligation to stop any task or operation where concerns or questions regarding the control of HSE risk exist.
- No work will resume until all stop-work issues and concerns have been adequately addressed. Any form of retribution or intimidation directed at any individual or company for exercising their authority as outlined in this program will not be tolerated.
Post Training Evaluation:
- The employer shall ensure that each employee is evaluated to confirm that he/she understands the information provided in the training.
Reference Material / Documents:
Various industry standards, techniques and best practices.
M&A Safety Services training conforms to OSHA CBT Training standards and ANSI Z490.1. Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training. M&A Safety Services LLC. follows all ANSI training criteria.
M&A Safety Services Copyright© 2019 All rights Reserved
- Course ID #: E147