Swing Rope/Personnel Transfer
Prerequisites: This course shall have no formal pre-requisite. Delegates that are not able to swim will be given special attention and instruction as necessary.
Course Length: 1 hour – Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks.
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be thirty-five (35) in the classroom session and thirty-five (35) in the practical session.
- Provide delegates with an understanding of hazards associated with personnel transfer.
- Delegates will gain the necessary skills and knowledge to safely transfer in an offshore
- Delegates will be able to demonstrate the necessary skills during practical examination
and demonstrate knowledge during written examination
- Power Point© / Lecture / Visual Aids
- Practical Simulations
Successful Course Completion
- Successful completion of practical session is mandatory.
Course Content Summary
Breaks: 10 minutes (if applicable)
Lunch: 1 hour (if applicable)
Boat Travel / Personnel Transfer
- Vessel Operation
- Personnel Basket Operations
- Swing Rope Operations
Practical Session (conducted on Swing Rope Simulator)
Practical shall verify that the delegate is able to complete the following:
- Inspect and choose the appropriate swing rope
- Support his or her weight for 10 seconds
- Successfully swing from elevated to lower platform.
- Successfully swing from lower to elevated platform.
Training Center Provided Material
- Must possess good physical health as the practical training is physical demanding.
Industry Best Practices
- Course ID #: MA085